-- Last revised 1/26/17 --
California Public Records Act Clean-Up - Study G-400
Chapter 150 of the Statutes of 2016 directs the Law Revision Commission to:
[S]tudy, report on, and prepare recommended legislation as soon as possible, considering the Commission's preexisting duties and workload demands, concerning the revision of the portions of the California Public Records Act and related provisions, and that this legislation shall accomplish all of the following objectives:If you have questions or comments on this study, contact Barbara Gaal (email@example.com) or Steve Cohen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(1) Reduce the length and complexity of current sections.
(2) Avoid unnecessary cross-references.
(3) Neither expand nor contract the scope of existing exemptions to the general rule that records are open to the public pursuant to the current provisions of the Public Records Act.
(4) To the extent compatible with (3), use terms with common definitions.
(5) Organize the existing provisions in such a way that similar provisions are located in close proximity to one another.
(6) Eliminate duplicative provisions.
(7) Clearly express legislative intent without any change in the substantive provisions
- Memo 2017-5 -- California Public Records Act Clean-Up: Scope of Study (1/26/17)
SubscribeIf you would like to receive email notification when new materials relating to this study are added to the website, please subscribe by entering your email address and clicking the "submit" button.
Every message sent to you under this subscription will include instructions on how to unsubscribe.
Your email address will not be shared with any other person or group.