The Committee on Revision of the Penal Code has released its 2022 Annual Report. The report describes the Committee's work and recommendations for the upcoming legislative cycle.
The recommendations are:
- Establish a State-Funded Restitution System for Crime Victims
- Create a Victim Right to Restorative Justice
- Expand Victim Right to Civil Compromise
- Prohibit Stops for Technical Traffic Infractions
- Limit Consent Searches During Traffic Stops
- Ensure Public Defense Counsel Before Arraignment
- Modernize the Competency to Stand Trial System
- Encourage Data Sharing to Address Frequent Utilizers
- Update Pretrial Procedures
- Codify Humphrey’s Elimination of Wealth-Based Detention
Information about the Committee's work can be found through the navigational menu (above) or by using the site map (below).