-- Last revised 10/07/04 --
Authority of Court Commissioners - Study J-651
Code of Civil Procedure Section 259 governs the authority of a court
commissioner. The statute includes a number of problematic provisions. The Commission is
recommending corrective legislation for the 2004 legislative session to (1) eliminate obsolete
references to notarial functions of a court commissioner and (2) conform the statutory standard
for service as a temporary judge to the constitutional standard.
If you have questions or comments on this study, send an e-mail to Brian Hebert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final Recommendation
- Tentative Recommendation
- Commission Decisions (Meeting Minutes)
- Staff Memoranda
2004: Senate Bill 1225 (Morrow) [Authority of Court Commissioner]
[Enacted as 2004 Cal. Stat. ch. 49]
- Recommendation -- Authority of Court Commissioner (9/18/03)
Tentative Recommendations and Other Requests for Comment
- Tentative Rec. -- Authority of Court Commissioner (March 2003) -- Comments Due: 5/31/2003
- September 18-19, 2003 Meeting in Burbank
- March 7, 2003 Meeting in Sacramento
- November 7-8, 2002 Meeting in Los Angeles
- Memo 2003-24 -- Authority of Court Commissioners (Comments on Tentative Recommendation) (7/2/2003)
- Memo 2003-8 -- Authority of Court Commissioners (Draft of Tentative Recommendation) (2/24/2003)
- Memo 2002-48 -- Authority of Court Commissioners (Discussion of Issues) (8/12/2002)
Your email address will not be used for any other purpose.